Pursuant to Government Decree No. 151/2003 (IX.22.) we shall provide warranty. The warranty shall not affect the enforcement of the consumer’s statutory rights, in particular the guarantee and compensation rights. The consumer may enforce its warranty claim at the distributor. The consumer may turn to the Gepida repair shop(s) with his/her repair request.
The warranty claim shall be enforced using the certificate of warranty. In the absence of a certificate of warranty, if the consumer wishes to enforce a warranty claim, the conclusion of the consumer contract shall be regarded as proven if the consumer presents the receipt certifying the payment. Please keep the certificate of warranty following the warranty period as well.
- One year in the case of a sale price exceeding HUF 10,000 but no more than HUF 100,000,
- Two years in the case of a sale price exceeding HUF 100,000 but no more than HUF 250,000,
- Three years in the case of a sale price above HUF 250,000
The warranty period shall start on the day of handover of the consumer goods to the consumer or, if the putting into service is carried out by the company or its agent, on the day of putting into service. If the consumer has the consumer goods put into service later than six months following the handover, the starting date of the warranty period shall be the day of handing over the consumer goods.
In order to avoid improper use we provide an operating and user manual for the product. Please observe those set out therein as we do not provide repair free of charge within the warranty period in the case of defects occurring due to use not in compliance with the instructions in the manual; the repair costs of such defects shall be borne by you even within the warranty period. Request from the distributor the proper completion of the certificate of warranty when you buy the product and the precise indication of the day of purchase.
At the same time verify if the identification data of the bicycle are identical to those indicated legibly on the certificate of warranty.
The wrongful issue of the certificate of warranty or the failure to hand it over to the consumer shall not affect the validity of the warranty obligation. Any correction, deletion, rewriting or the entry of false data on the certificate of warranty shall entail the invalidity of the certificate of warranty.
The defect shall not be covered by the warranty if the reason therefor arises following the handover of the product to the consumer. For instance, if the defect was caused by
- unprofessional putting into service (except if the putting into service was carried out by the company or its agent or if the unprofessional putting into service is due to the error of the operating and user manual)
- improper use, failure to observe those set out in the operating and user manual,
- inappropriate storage, inappropriate handling, vandalism,
- the acts of God.
The warranty conditions may change in the following cases: if the bicycle is operated for rental or other commercial purposes or it is used for training.
Moreover, we do not provide repairs free of charge within the warranty period for parts worn due to natural wear and tear and for damages of the bicycle caused by external mechanical or chemical impacts / acid rain, other atmospheric pollution, animal and vegetable materials, etc./ The obligor shall prove that the cause of the defect arose after the handover of the product to the consumer.
+1-year and +2-year extended warranty
The terms and conditions of the + 1-year and the + 2-year optional extended warranty are identical to the terms and conditions of the statutory 1-year / 2-year / 3-year warranty terms and conditions set out below.
RIGHTS OF THE CONSUMER UNDER THE WARRANTY:
The consumer shall have the rights stipulated in Sections 306-310 of Act IV of 1959 on the Civil Code of Hungary as amended by Act XXXVI of 2002, pursuant to Section 685 (e) thereunder, the rights set forth in Government Decree No. 151/2003 (IX.22.) and those in Decree No. 49/2003 (VII.30.) of the Minister of Economy and Transport. The full description is included in the operating and user manual of the product.
In the case of a defect covered by the warranty the consumer may
1) Primarily, at his/her choice, claim repair or replacement, except if the fulfilment of the chosen warranty claim is not feasible or it would result in disproportionate extra cost for the company compared to the fulfilment of the other warranty claim, taking into account the value of the service in flawless condition, the seriousness of the breach of contract and the harm to interests caused to the consumer by the fulfilment of the warranty claim.
2) If the company did not undertake the repair or the replacement, it is unable to perform such obligation within an appropriate time limit by appropriately considering the consumer’s interests, or if the consumer’s interest in the repair or replacement has ceased to exist, the consumer, at his/her choice, may claim the pro rata reduction of the purchase price, may repair the defect himself/herself or have it repaired by somebody else at the expense of the company, or may cancel the contract. In the case of an insignificant defect the cancellation will not be entertained.
The repair or the replacement, in light of the features and the intended purpose of the product expected by the consumer, shall be performed by the company within a reasonable time limit, without causing significant inconvenience to the consumer. The distributor shall strive to perform the repair or the replacement of the bicycle within no more than fifteen days. If the term of the repair or the replacement exceeds fifteen days, the company shall notify the consumer of the expected term of the repair or the replacement.
If, due to the defect of the product, the consumer enforces his/her replacement claim within three days from the purchase (putting into service), the distributor shall not claim that there is disproportionate extra cost, instead, it shall replace the product provided that the defect hinders the intended use.
During repair only new parts shall be installed into the bicycle.
The consumer may enforce its repair claim at the distributor or directly at the repair shop indicated in the annex to the certificate of warranty. The costs related to the fulfilment of the warranty obligation shall be borne by the company.
In the case of defect
Warranty repair by repair shops indicated in the annex to the certificate of warranty shall only be carried out based on a valid certificate of warranty.
- The consumer shall communicate his/her objection to the obligor following the detection of the defect as soon as the circumstances allow,
- An objection communicated within two months from the detection of the defect shall be considered as communicated in due time,
- The consumer shall be liable for any damage resulting from any delay in communication,
- The warranty period shall not include the period of the repair time during which the consumer cannot use the product as intended. The warranty period shall start over regarding the replaced (repaired) product (part of the product) in the case of replacement (repair) of the product or its major part and in the case of a defect occurring as a result of the repair.
- Check the proper completion of the repair tickets during all warranty repairs.
Contant information for guarantee issues and complaint handling
Phone: +36 1 400 6065 / extension 920